Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Friday, March 10, 2006

What if we all followed this tradition, what would your name be?

No Irish blood in you?

No bother -- consider some of these traditionally Irish naming conventions:

For Boys
-Oldest son named after the father's father (so, my SON would be Dean after CP's dad OR CP would have been Harold?)
-Second son named after the mother's father (my brother in law would have been George)
-Third son named after the father - we don't have a third son in either tree either way you look at it.
-Fourth son named after the father's oldest brother - ditto the third son thing.

For Girls
-Oldest daughter named after the mother's mother (I'd be Marie, my now middle name)
-Second daughter named after the father's mother (we wouldn't know my sister Jen's name due to my dad being adopted)
-Third daughter named after the mother (my sister Melodee has DEE already in her name for my mother's real name of Delia, so I guess this is correct)
-Fourth daughter named after the mother's oldest sister (so, my last sister, Petra, would have been "Patricia" after my aunt. I don't think that would have fit)

My favorite Irish names of all time (no, not Bono, HE might be, but his name - that ain't Irish!!!)

1) Kieran (voted down in 2001 when we had our son due to a restaurant having the same type of sounding name)
2) Patrick (but we didn't use it due to our last name and our son having the initials P.P. his whole life, then I met my co worker, Patrick Parks, who says it was never a problem. Sigh!)
3) Liam (isn't this Irish??)
4) Adrian
5) Ryan (last or first name, that's gotta be Irish)
6) Bridget (my great grandmother's name, a family name)
7) ...and now my mind goes blank due to it being Friday. I know I have a few more, but they're so weird that I knew they'd be voted down by the hubby in a second.

Have a great weekend and hopefully I'll have photos going up FINALLY next week.
5)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one should be named Dean or Harold, really!!

The Dad

Unknown said...

Not an intrusion at all, thanks for asking! I wish I had an e-mail or way of communicating with y'all, but for now, read the newest post for the update so far.

We appreciate your continuing prayers and love during this Lenten time. When I hear that the forum will return I'll let everyone know here for sure!