Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

In defense of Britney Spears

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=214899

Okay, I don't own any albums of hers, I don't really enjoy seeing her all over the tabloids and newspapers and avoided her reality show featuring her courtship with her now husband.

Yesterday I heard about her latest endeavor (baby in her lap as she drove home a few miles fleeing from the cameras reportedly) and at first was horrified, but then thought to myself - um, remember after having your baby boy - even several months later - how OUT OF IT you were???

So, I'm here to say that I pulled a Britney, and I'm not even a star or even CLOSE to being that photographed.

I cannot remember how many months it was since I had my son, but he was still a little thing (well, little if you can refer to over 10 lbs. as a newborn as 'little') but I went to Target to get some baby things and after getting lost in the store and feeling totally out of sorts I went out to my van and realized that I locked myself out.

I panicked. I called Jenn-Irene. She came over, picked us up and at that point we realized that neither one of us had a car seat (this was before she had her son). I just wanted to go home and knew that I had about 15 minutes until my son started freaking out again (he was colicky really bad and I was so sleep deprived it wasn't even funny - I think I just recently recovered.

Anyhow, I convinced Jenn to drive me home (a few miles at most on a back road). A few hours later, I found my KEYS at the bottom of a jacket I was wearing (went through a hole or something). What a mess.

I remember Jenn driving me home and me holding JP in the back seat thinking "oh my goodness, I'm a horrible mother! I hope we don't get pulled over!!!" - my apologies to Jenn for dragging her into my mess and causing her to be in my 'Britney' moment.

So, I can't really judge Miss Britt because I did it too and I didn't have anyone chasing me either. I'm telling everyone this because sometimes ladies who have just had their children are a MESS and, quite frankly, shouldn't drive for a while.

Well, especially if they're like me and their hormones take FOUR freaking years to chill out.

God bless my friend Jenn for being there for me while I was a loopy hormonal new mom.

...and YES, I'm horrified at myself, and for Britney, but I do understand.

Now, about her t-shirts and clothes, I don't understand, truly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I remember that! I don't think I ever drove so slow in my entire life. Thank God it wasn't that far. Brad almost kicked my butt when I told him afterwards.

We weren't the sharpest tacks in the drawer that day. God was definitely looking out for us.

It's not just loopy people though. There is a kid at Patrick school who is the same age as him and even smaller and is rarely in a car seat. He even sits in the front seat of their minivan a lot of the time. I've mentioned it to the teachers but apparently they haven't said anything. They are Italian and Jehovah's Witness. Maybe because carseats aren't in the Bible they don't use them? OOps... did I say that?

Anonymous said...

Oh and btw, it happens all the time so don't feel bad. It's just that not all of us have cameras following us around at all times.

Not long ago nobody used carseats and somehow we survived.

Unknown said...

Yeah, most of us survived in the back of our 1970's vehicles with the slick seating! LOL! I still remember when my parents would take a sharp turn and we'd all fly to one side of the car in a pile. Real safe Mom and Dad! LOL!

Man, hormones are a powerful thing aint they??? What a day that was. I'll make sure JP never hears about it.