Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm finally back -- and writing again!

Happy New Year everyone and so sorry I've been totally out of commission over here - totally taken out by that awful virus that has been going around here in this area anyways. Hope everyone else is OKAY.

Before I rant, please visit this site to read about the great Mr. Wilson Pickett. My sister and I met him in Memphis, TN, and took us out to dinner with his lovely family. He had no clue who we were, just knew that we were some silly Elvis Contest winners flown into the state with hardly any money. He fed us and showed us a great time. Wilson and his wife were like a king and queen in Memphis - not to mention that they dressed like it. These folks had manners and when they walked into a room, they turned heads, literally. They treated us like family and showed us a great time, ordering us pretty much anything on the menu to show us some 'Southern Food and Hospitality' -- the likes of, well, nobody has reached since then.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2006/01/19/entertainment/e142102S18.DTL

Memory Eternal to this wonderful, warm and beautiful man who gave us some awesome songs in his day. 'Mustang Sally' and 'The Midnight Hour' forever!!!

Okay, back to life as I know it. We're trying not be sick in our house, got rid of the Christmas tree finally - and oh yes, our landlord thought it would be a GREAT time to paint our house in the dead middle of Winter. While it was wet and rainy and the state was flooded.

Not sure if the house is dry yet. Hoping it is and staying away from the exterior walls for now.

Work is AWESOME and I love it - the honeymoon ain't over. Sometimes I get a bit stressed out, but it's more of these Monday holidays that mess me up. I hear we have two more in February. UGH! I love the time off, but the work does pile up a bit.

However, the stress is NOTHING compared to any other job I've ever had in my life. It's a workable stress, a good stress. Well, that and I can go to Mass if I want during my lunch hour in the chapel. That does wonders for someone's stress level.

I am so very thankful for the full health coverage that I have for my whole family...just makes me that much more LESS stressed. I can't live without knowing my family is covered. And not just KINDA covered. I need full coverage for my boys. I think I sleep better at night knowing it's taken care of. Thank God for this.

JP did his first dental appointment this week and I'm proud to report that his 'big boy' teeth will be straight like mommy's...that's what the Xrays showed, per the doctor. Of course, I had an overbite that is sometimes noticeable, but who cares? As long at the front teeth are straight, I'm happy. Thankful for this too. His teeth have been well taken care of and the dentist said that JP probably has such strong teeth due to my breastfeeding him for like - EVER!!! Remember, he was still drinking that 'milk-milk' as we called it, til like 2.5 years old.

God, it was a struggle, but so worth it. I'd do it again with him in a second.

And no, I'm not having any more kids. I'm hoping my friends do so I can knit fun things for them, but I'm happy with my normal body the way it is - finally the way it was in 1999 only better thanks to the surgeries I've had up til now.

Speaking of surgeries - pray for Konstantine on the 26th, he's having surgery. He's older and may not be as healthy as he thinks he is. I'm worried and I'm the one taking him home and making sure he's okay. Pray for me too.

Well, that's the update for now, more to come soon...stay healthy!!!

No comments: