Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Monday, December 05, 2005

I made my best friend cry today...oh brother!!!

...it was over a St Nicholas letter to my godson, her cute little Irish Redhead child - since I shamed Miss Manners by sending it via e-mail. Egads!

Didn't mean to make her cry - really and truly!

In other news, Justin actually sat on St. Nick's lap yesterday. REALLY! He wasn't so sure at first, but thought a bit differently about it when the bearded Bishop called him by his first name and KNEW that Monday night he's be visiting Justin. Justin was floored! How DID he know all that?

The beauty of a little child! So refreshing!

My son also knows now that St. Nick is also called Santa Claus too. He's cool with that. He did ask, however, why is it that St. Nick uses a white horse when on Christmas he uses a bunch of reindeer. Thank goodness Santa had a reply for him - "the horse is for me to visit you on Monday night and all the other children who pray to me, and the reindeer must be used on Christmas to deliver gifts to all the kids of the world and let them know the beauty of Christ"...and of course, I agreed.

St. Nick is a very smart man, as we all know.

So, none of this 'Santa is or isn't real' stuff. St. Nick is a real person, and is a saint - you can't do much better than that.

Oh, and we don't have an Easter Bunny - but I do like the Leprachauns and the tooth fairy. Still believe in them.

And, the old verse still holds in our household no matter WHAT your age - "Only those that believe get"...wanna see my list for Santa? LOL!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Best Friend actually cried because she thought it was a sweet letter - thought I had to clarify!!!

Anonymous said...

That is one smart St. Nicholas

Anonymous said...

Nino, I'm hijacking your comments to let you know that my weblog moved:

lindenbranch.weblogs.us