Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Election Day and Measure M

As I left work yesterday in my antibiotic/codene fog, there were two nurses talking about their upcoming vacations to exotic locals. It was lighthearted and fun until one of them brought up the Measure M topic.

Measure M in California was the initiative/proposition to have parents or guardians notified when a young MINOR girl decides to have an abortion. It was defeated by a margin of 52.6 percent to 42.4 percent that night.

Thinking that their abortion 'rights' were gonna be next, it seems like we had a scare machine going when it came to opposing this measure and came out against the notifying of a minor girls' parents more than I thought it would.

Well, this IS California - you know, with Arnold as the Governator! LOL!

Anyhow, one of these two women said to the other "Please tell me you didn't vote for that Measure M!" - to which the other lady replies "Well, I did, I'm not into abortion." God forbid you tell people where you stand or how you voted! The first lady began to lecture the second lady on what it's like to be pregnant and not want it...and then asked "Well, have you ever been in that position? Have you??" to which the second lady says "No, I've never been pregnant - or married."

It seemed that the first lady who was totally for murdering children because it didn't fit into her lifestyle just went off on her 'friend' from work on how she voted and what she believed in.

Trust me, I almost wanted to jump in and defend the lady I agreed with, but it seemed that the first lady was out for blood on her soap box and I wasn't in the mood for boxing - verbal, that is.

I wanted to tell her that, yeah, I've been pregnant and it was a blessing under the cover of many hardships to get there - and yeah, it's HARD to raise a child and yeah, it's terrifying when the nurse suddenly gives you YOUR kid and walks away. But to kill the child due to your screw up? I don't think so.

No, I didn't have a child at an early age, or without a partner or accidentally. I realize sometimes women have children under different circumstances and raise children on their own and it's even more scary when it's done in that fashion - but to 'abort' or simply kill your own child because it's not 'in your life plan?" That I just can't understand.

I have way more respect for those women who tough it out and bear their children (either keeping the child, putting the child up for adoption) instead of taking the barbaric route. Do you know how they abort a fetus? If you don't, you should learn about it. It's worse than any horror film I've ever seen or heard about , trust me.

Of course, when I was a young silly college gal there were times when I heard that a friend thought she was pregnant and we had to go through the wondering 'thing' for a while until she figured out that she wasn't pregnant, and I've also had friends that repeatedly did abortions as if they were getting their teeth cleaned. I thought about their choices and what I would do if I were in that situation and yes, it did look like a tempting offer - but I thought of the eternal implications a lot and what it would do to me emotionally - in the future - when or if I ever had kids.

The ironic thing was that when CP and I decided to have a child one day - it wasn't all that easy with the Endo I have. I was losing pregnancies left and right. It took a considerable toll on my body and THAT WAS NATURAL - THERE WASN'T ANYTHING I COULD DO ABOUT THOSE - but pray for them all. They all had souls no matter how small they were - a powerful voice in front of the throne of God. I went through tremendous pain over those - and thought to myself "how can women elect to do this with machines?"

So, now a facet of our lovely abortion laws died last night thanks to those who just are scared that they are 'losing' their rights. What about their unborn child's rights? Doesn't that count for anything? Well, not YET it doesn't - they just don't realize it yet.

May God have mercy on all of us for the freedom to do some terrible things.

Okay, off my soap box for the evening!

No comments: