Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Return to the gym - pain! agony! owie!

Yesterday I went to the gym and did LITTLE weights for the upper body, ab stuff and a little cardio. My legs, which always work well with weights (strong from years of dance and aerobics) were 'out of order' and refused to push 40 lbs.

Sigh! Back to the basics with me!

So, I did a little workout and felt nothing - and had to escape the mouthy lady who followed me around my area for 15 minutes. Poor thing - she's an older lady with all kinds of health problems, but I'd like to finish my workout, thanks. So, I felt fine yesterday and crashed last night. Forgot the protein shake!

This morning - THE PAIN! THE LACTIC ACIDS! Gosh, it's so darn hard to get back into the gym routine again. Is it as you age it gets harder?

Sigh! Back to it tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up. On some of the larger hills, I just keep telling myself how much I love lactic acid, lol. It's great for waking you up in the morning.