Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Back from Stanford - feeling much better!

For those of you who haven't heard yet - I've been given a clean bill of health from the ROCK STAR doctor in Stanford, Dr. Camaran Nezhat. He is hopeful that this is my last Endo surgery. Of course, there may be adhesions that we have to deal with from time to time, but those can be 'delayed' by proper eating, and the proper medications (the ones that don't make me woozy!).

So, today, I'm off to the gym. The gym is where my leg first went 'out' on me and I noticed the pain - finally. The pain was probably there for a while, but I'm SUPERWOMAN and love to blow it off - kinda like Monty Python - 'oh, not at all, it's just a scratch' - as the actor's leg falls off.

Trust me, my husband has had enough of that sort of behavior, and I think I have too.

Actor's head falls off - 'Nonsense! Just a trifle - come back and fight!!!" - head rolls around on the ground with blood squirting all over the place.

Yeah, I'm done with that.

The cool thing is that this time I have all these gross photos of the surgery (inside) and a whole surgery 'report work up' that outlines what happened and who was there, etc. Apparently I was operated on 'in the round' - meaning the whole surgical team, my doctor and half of Stanford medical students learning about surgery were there checking it out.

Hope I didn't know anyone there. LOL! No, they kept my name out of it and my face was covered. If I were young, innocent and single, I'd have a problem with it. Look, I've had how many surgeries now? A c-section with half of Sonoma County there and well, after a certain age, you don't worry about that sort of thing in a medical setting. It's a fact. Surgery = nudity.

So, having said that, let me go to the gym to get those abs in better condition and to shape up a bit. Bathing suit season isn't that far away, right? Ha ha!

Thanks to all for prayers, kind wishes, checking in with me and especially to my hubby for being there for me through all of the surgeries, emergency room visits and LOVE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROCK STAR doctor?

Anonymous said...

She means he's a well known and respected professional within his field of expertise. Rock Star is simply shorter to type.

And great news Nino. I am so happy for you and your whole family. I know, if momma ain't happy, nobody happy. That's the truth.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and prayers...and Issac is correct about keeping Momma happy - LOL! Thanks for the laugh (out loud) of the day!