Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Monday, September 19, 2005

Not a clockwatcher...

Ever seen the movie 'Clockwatchers'? It was a strange film about temps that work in a strange office (somewhere in corporate America) and how lack of trust, breakdown of communication and well, how friendships in these artificial confines aren't always based on trust and love. Well, that's what I got out of it anyways.

I've never worked with a temp that's been depicted in a movie - I've always either known the person through church OR didn't know the person was a temp. I didn't care. Although there was a lady - a temp - that worked for one company I worked at who deliberately separated herself from us full timers. She really wanted to stay away from us. We smelled nice and were quite friendly - and apparently she didn't understand that you can chat up other employees to get your foot more 'in the door' and get a job - well, perhaps.

She didn't last, by the way.

Well, NOW it's my turn to be the temp, the 'clockwatcher' - but man, am I NOT doing what Miss Non-Social did. This temp job, if it pans out, is at a major hospital in the area and - get this - in their HR department.

How sweet is that?

So, we'll see how that goes, if it goes at all. I find out later today or early tomorrow about TB testing, shots (blood) and all that jazz in order to work at a hospital - although it's not actually IN the hospital building. No matter. I'll do it.

Welcome to the new job climate, Miss Parks! Wow, it's truly different today.

Hopefully I'll be employed tomorrow! Keep praying y'all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That could be a sweet job. My mom worked at Ohio State U. hospital until she went on disability. She was a government employee and was there long enough to get a pension. She had great benefits, too. I hope you get such a good position.

How are the hours?

Unknown said...

The hours on this new job are 9-5 I think. I'll know better tomorrow the details and when I'm to start (after getting tested and boosted up).

I'll keep y'all posted tomorrow on how it shakes out.

In the meantime, maybe I'll take those child development classes that my Aunt/Godmom is always trying to get me to take at the local JC. Something about working with kids - and for some strange reason, they always seem to flock around me. Maybe that's my future career - who knows?

Anonymous said...

Yah! Good to hear you hooked up with a nice job. I do hope it works out for you and that you can move into a more permanent position there (conditioned, of course, on the premise that the job will be something you will actually want to hang on to).

God bless