Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Socks can't be THIS hard to knit!

...but in my case, they are...why, well, for starters, I'm still on painkillers from my surgery (at night only) and they say the first sock you do is the hardest. Well, unless you're a perfectionist who actually follows directions. Directions and following them are not my cup of tea.

These sock patterns sound so nice, so pleasant and so easy to do until you're into them (around the 50th row) and then they start twisting, turning and acting like cranky children on a school day.

Now I know why I like to paint - at least there are no directions and it's not this hard!

So, I have three, no make that four, nice little socks that look lovely, but they're all missing the heel part and were abandoned at about that stage. My knitting pal that used to live across the way was always like 7 months ahead of me on everything and really good at following directions is now gone (sob!) and she gave up on helping me fix my first sock (unravel the whole bleeping thing??? again??? I think not!!). LOL!

I guess I'll have to join the local knitting group down the street and sit at the feet of some 13 year old who can knit a whole Vogue outfit for Nicole Kidman's next fashion shoot in less than 20 minutes and learn how to make ONE SOCK! (crying noise here)

Knitting, the new thing that calms me and wigs me out all in one turn of the needle. I did find a nice show on TV about knitting, and will be watching that over and over til I get what they are talking about (it certainly is English they speak, but what they're doing, not so sure) and perhaps when the drugs wear off I'll begin to 'get it' a bit.

Knitters say that one day it "just clicks' and then all is well with your pattern. Ugh, not doing it for me and it's been a couple of months. Can you say 'knitting for dyslexics???"

Keep on Knitting!

No comments: