Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Back from Stanford!

If you're gonna get sick or have any kind of surgery, do it at Stanford! Those doctors know what to do - and boy, they don't mess around. Not only was I taken care of like a Queen, but I had my own private room (never had that before).

For fun, I got my sister a Stanford Medical t-shirt so she can wear it in the Burn Unit at Vandy (Nashville University Hospital). She's also gonna LOVE my surgery photos of what was going on during the procedure. Hey, she's in the burn unit, she can certainly handle it.

We had many Orthodox priests, Roman Catholic, Anglican and Protestants of all walks of life praying for me and the family during my surgery - I needed every single prayer uttered and am very thankful that everything went as planned.

My cousins, especially my cousin Chris are to thank until forever due to the fact that he hooked me up with this stellar doctor who invented this surgery for Endometriosis to begin with.

So, this leads us to 'colouring in acrylics' for me - and I can't wait to get back into painting again (largely for Christmas gifts along with my knitting). Stealing a good idea from a very talented artist who lives across the street from me, I'm going to come up with a hanging painting with beading on the edges - still working out the idea - and these pieces of art will be easier to ship out to those family members that I won't see in December. I keep thinking of an artist (Van Gogh? Picasso?) who said "Good artists borrow, Great artists STEAL" -- well, like the Bible says - there IS nothing new under the Sun!

Today I had a bunch of family and friends come over and visit me - they noticed that although I just finished with a surgery that I'm still recovering from - they do notice that I seem better. They're right, I feel better with that awful 'fat appendix' removed (what do we need the for again???) and all of the cleaning out Endo with that trusty laser. Even mentally I feel better - as if someone turned on a lightswitch in my head. Can't explain it, it just is.

Glory to God for all things - being sick, being a patient and becoming healthy again! I hope to hang on to the healthy for as much as possible!

No comments: