Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Friday, May 21, 2010

French Toast Friday is HERE!

Yes, today is French Toast Friday.  Yes, my son got his French Toast this morning - sometimes it's the ONLY thing that gets him outta bed.  Like father, like son only for daddy, it's freshly brewed coffee that drives him.

Just yesterday I set up all my art items/projects and the like in my 'outdoor studio' (aka backyard) and this morning on the way to workie poo I hear it's gonna rain.  Time to invest in more tarps I guess.  I'm a bit stubborn and once I'm in the midst of doing something and rain comes into interrupt me, I'll just tarp the hell out of it and work around it.

Last night we had a baseball game for our son in beautiful weather at night.  I enjoyed the sun and it warmed me up nicely.  I could have taken a nap on the bleachers, actually.  It was that relaxing.  What wasn't relaxing was my damn cell phone.  Beep beep!  It cries to me.  I think to myself, "Since when did I have another child?" as it persists in my pocket.

I dread the future where the phone is imbedded in our ears and we really, truly cannot get away from it.  Just the other day, my 9 year old son says to me, "Hey, mom, when am I getting a cell phone - I mean, everyone ELSE has one!"  I want to sit him down and say, "Hey son, it's a ball and chain that will become part of your life sooner than later - RUN while you can!"

He's 9 and very stubborn.  Like his mommy.  He wants a phone for 4th grade come hell or high water.  Which, as the forecast this weekend shows, may happen here in Sonoma County.

1 comment:

Jo Schaffer said...

Not the cellphone already! Haha! Starts young.