Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Thursday, April 06, 2006

The first Woodstock meeting with the artists last night

...Wow! What a mix of artists that we met last night at the first Summer of Woodstock Artist meeting at the Snoopy Museum (not it's official name of course, but what I call it).

The meeting was run by Sparky's son - and the artists who helped out last year for the Charlie Brown statue. One artist did SEVEN statues. Okay, that's NUTS and he admitted it. Of course he's doing a few this year too. Not enough stress I guess.

I got to hold in my little hands a resin statue of Woodstock last night - they changed the design a bit for better balance and to fend off vandals (man, so many vandals last year!!!)...it's better than the drawing I think. It's 6 ft tall, has a steel shaft going up the center and looks pretty darn solid.

They went over so many agenda items that my head almost exploded with the reality of the event coming at me at oh, 160MPH. I met Brenda, or Miss W (she's a Woodstock FAN of the highest caliber!) and we had fun chatting about the statue and how our design totally ROCKS! Really, it does...and I'd be the FIRST person to say how my design isn't as good as such and such, but NO, we ROCK this time!

There will be statues for purchasing - little ones too, bronze casted ones, collectors items ones, you name it...they've got it.

More to come when my carpal tunnel syndrome aint acting up so bad.

I was so happy last night that I did the Snoopy HAPPY DANCE all over the front room and made my hubby laugh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been yapping about this to Brad incessantly. I think he wishes it were May already!

I'm so freaking excited!!!!