Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Friday, March 24, 2006

The 2006 Woodstock Team

The unique team that I'm establishing this month for my May Mother's Day paint off for the Woodstock statue (Peanuts on Parade thingy) is almost in place. I'm so blessed to have so many artist friends who really are my friends too...not just along for the ride - these are people I really know and love!

Besides Chicago Jenn (as we call her at home now) coming all the way out here to help me during the mother's day weekend for this (now, that's a friend!!!), I've got a local Iconographer who I adore, her daughter and artistic friends in the local high schools' ART QUEST program with me on differing shifts ('hey, KID! go get me a mocha, and make it soy!!!' LOL!!!) - just kidding - they'll be painting and cleaning just like the rest of us ladies! Another lady who I love will be joining our ranks (Thank GOD Almighty!) that is a paint and painting EXPERT in this State. Seriously, she ROCKS. The good news is that we're all friends and we all get along and share the same brain at times. That's a good thing.

Chicago Jenn and I will be figuring out the STAFF shirts for the event (they will be so cool and available on Cafe Press next month for everyone next month) with an image of my Woodstock original drawing in colour on the front. Very cool!

Now the trick is to get my sculpture lady across the street to sign on - and did I mention the general contractor guy who will be helping us secure the new pieces onto the statue?

I'm feeling better about this project now that I know I'm surrounded by dear friends who didn't even BLINK when I mentioned this project to them. In fact, one lady screamed, and one said "heck, I'll do it no matter what's going on that weekend!!" - and she's a busy mom!

Friends are wonderful - and I am truly blessed to have real, true friends who support my artistic loopy visions and always ALWAYS are there for me.

Would it be 'bad form' to have the teenagers on the staff 'fetch' us coffee from Starbucks??? OKAY!!! THAT'S BAD!!!! I PROMISE NOT TO DO IT (maybe their boyfriends can do it?)...LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not? I'll have them watching my 3 year-old! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Nino -

Would you please tell Chris to forgive me of my past posts that I know must have hurt him? I hate to leave it like this ...

Have a blessed life, Parks folks and forgive my use of this media for my parting farewells.

Steve Price (Ole Rocker)

Unknown said...

Hi there Steve - there's nothing to forgive you for that I know of, but OF COURSE! And, you can use this forum anytime you want to...I check in occasionally when I'm not totally swamped with work!

Until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand...from an old Irish blessing that my Grandmother used to say to parting friends!

nino and crew