Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I'm still alive, really!

Hi Issac and everyone who is saying "where the heck are you?" - I'm alive, but the family and I are still battling all these viruses that keep cropping up.

Here at the Urgent Care centers they say it takes a year to buff up your immunity, but I think it's more JP's friends giving him their viruses, he gets it, brings it home, gets well and CP and I are sicker than dogs.

The good part is that I'm having a spectacular hair day. A lot of good that does for me now.

Anyhow, I'm mentally preparing for painting season (Fairs, showings, selling) due to it being the proper time of year AND I'm getting a lot of interest as of late from co-workers and the like. I've ordered a crap load of prints of my art and Jenn-Irene's stuff that I'm gonna frame and display (for sale) at my work locations and see if I can't get a showing at the main hospital for us as well. I'd better drum up some sales, these prints are costing me a fortune and Irene needs a new camera!

THEN, there's the March deadline for the Woodstock statue submissions that I'm totally freaking out about. I'll do my drawings, scan them and post them for you guys to vote on. I'm not sure what I'll turn in, but if there's no fear involved - I won't do it. Kinda like when I was a journalist and needed a DEADLINE to get the freaking story done. Sick and wrong, I know. I'm sure somewhere there's a psych name for my condition, but no drug to cure it.

I'm one of those procrastinators - need a fire under my butt in order to produce the good stuff. It's sad, but that's me.

I still am in love with my job, and wish I wasn't so darn sick while doing it. Love my boss, she rocks, and we're in the middle of buying a ton of stuff for our department - just hate the process they make you go through although it's nothing like the HP way and their crappy SAP system that was invented by Germans to infuriate normal people. Trust me, you don't want to know.

I need Spring to spring like NOW. Enough of this rain. I need to be healthy. I need to paint.

And, yes, I'm cranky, but at least I'm still here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're alive! Boo, you're sick. Yeah, you're going to paint! Boo, I have no clue when you're going to start.

What an emotional rollercoaster!

Anonymous said...

I need deadlines like crazy. But I don't have the energy I had even 10 years ago. See, I used to create deadlines for myself, usually concerning some house project, and then be up all night the night(s) before to finish.

Now I set deadlines for myself and only get half the work done.

I'm interested in seeing some of your more recent work, so get busy making it! :^)