Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Monday, December 19, 2005

The Woodstock scoop AND towels...a rant

http://ci.santa-rosa.ca.us/default.aspx?PageId=1202

Here's what they did last year (Charlie Brown) and here's what they're planning for this year...Woodstock! For those of you who were not here for the huge party in September when they showed off the statues, man, you missed out on a fun thing. The kids LOVED it, there was free music, Peanuts stuff, activities for the kids and you could meet the artists.

I should have y'all start writing the poor contact on that page to beg her to sign me up forever for these things! Or she may be sick of me already...hmm.

Today I had a bad day...but the hope of my getting this super fun non-paying gig just held me up for the duration. Not a bad day as in 'hate the job' - cause we all know I LOVE my job - it's more like the hormones don't like the cold weather. UGH! Time to get myself back into the gym and get healthy again I think.

Some of my stress today was due to the fact that my son, JP, was sick and my hubby was busy at work in the AM. Boy, was that not fun. JP doesn't like my work - too many nurses pinching his cheeks saying 'how cute!!!"...he kept saying he's rather be with his father. LOL!

I got rid of some stress today by finally sending out Christmas gifts to loved ones in other States today. A LOAD of my mind, let me tell you. I always forget how stressful this time of year is until the week of. Always.

The thing I love about this time of year is getting Christmas cards...it's usually the same people over and over again, but this year it's pretty interesting the mix of people that still like us. Also, read Miss Manners today in your paper - she goes over the rules for sending out cards and who you send them out to. I'm afraid I'm lacking in most of her required requirements for sending and getting these things each year. Whoops! I didn't know there were rules for that.

This is what I do know...and I want everyone to comment on this. Each year you need to change out your pillows and towels - PLEASE! Hey, I know people that change out their pillows every three months (they will remain nameless for their protection of course!)...the pillow thing each year is OKAY with me and I hate old towels. Old crappy towels. This year for Christmas I'm getting myself and the family a HUGE selection of towels (during the White Sale at Macy's this year in January). I think our colours will be a heathery green and blue. THICK, HUGE towels and plenty of them. I think I use like 5 towels or more when I count them at the end of one day. Ask my hubby, it's awful.

I had to laugh the other day thinking of how NICE the new towels would be when I thought of a friend of mine (who will remain nameless to protect her innocence) LOL!!! -- who announced that she was thinking of getting new towels since the last time she purchased matching new towels was, well, forever ago. I freaked out (a'la Miss Manners!!!) and made her go get new towels!!! Knowing she was using old towels just made me ill! She went and got some cute towels, but for ONE bathroom, not the whole house. I wasn't happy. She kept me as a friend and all was well. I'm a lucky gal.

So, now it's my turn. I have ewwy towels. They don't match anymore, I've accidentally bleached some, I've stained some with makeup accidentally of course (yeah right!), and the most pressing issue of them all - I have a 4 year old son. He wipes EVERYTHING on them...and I won't gross you out with the details.

Our son will get his 'own' towels (now I know why parents do that) and I'll have to get my hubby those whopper towels that actually fit a man who's as tall as he is.

Then there's the discussion that my hubby had with me the other day...regarding FACECLOTHS vs. HANDTOWELS...there IS a difference. I didn't want to confuse him more by adding the 'teatowels' or the fingertip towels or God forbid we throw in the mix those Holiday Towels that you ARE NOT TO USE EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Those people who remember having those pretty dust catcher Holiday Towels will know what I'm talking about. I've always wanted to just mess up one of those towels with their lace and pretty heavy decorations...boy were they tacky.

So, remember, it's time to buy NEW TOWELS!!!

I think I'll have a nice day tomorrow...especially if I think of the new towels and get a call from the Woodstock folks too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember when last I bought new towels, and I like it that way. Ah, like a worn in pair of shoes, I love my old towels. Their look good friends who always greet me when I get out of a shower.

I think I'll go give my old towels a hug right now...

Anonymous said...

Ugh, "their look" is supposed to be "they're like". Oh well, now I'll go hug those towels.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Isaac! I proudly admit that I'm probably the one that Nino is referring to. Why on earth would you buy new towels every year? You wash them in hot water. Pillows are different because they don't get washed all the time. I totally get that but towels??? C'mon! And for your information, I did buy towels for BOTH rooms, missy. I got white for upstairs and the striped for downstairs. :P

I get the facecloth vs. handtowels thing. I can't tell you how many times I've gone into the bathroom to find the handtowels used as a facecloth. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I'm not as anal about the teatowels or holiday towels. Why put them out if you aren't going to use them??

You've got issues woman, but I still love you. Oh and you'll be happy to know that I am buying new towels but only because I want some brown towels for the bath downstairs. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and I just sent a lovely email to the Woostock people recommending you for the project. ;)

LOVE!

Unknown said...

Okay, well, hugging your towels is GROSS and I hate old towels. Just ewwy.

One never knows what gross things are on those towels - that and they don't match anything anymore.

For the record, I did try to get all Michigan coloured towels with matching shower curtain and accessories for the one and only bathroom for my family, but my husband said NO - can you believe it???

I'm still for getting new towels each year. Period.

Anonymous said...

Admit it, Chris, you miss those conversations! Just a little bit. If anything, it kept her from talking your ear off about the virtues of annual towel replacement. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, Michigan towels...that's just wrong. When you get your new towels (boy, would you be easy to shop for for Christmas!) you'll need to make sure they're Scarlet and Gray. With big buckeyes on them.

I was at Walmart today, among many other places, and I bought new washcloths...8 of them, and some new dishcloths (I don't know how many, I didn't open the package). But these aren't fancy ones. Half were $.80 and the otehr half were $1.38. I will go this far: old washcloths are disgusting. We're having my parents and my sister and her new husband here for Christmas, and we needed a washcloth overhaul. But my family isn't good enough to buy the more expensive $3./each washcloths. They'll just get yucky again way before a year is out.

I have old Christmas dishtowels but they're so faded we keep them by the kitchen door to wipe the dog's paws when he comes in from the muddy yard. I keep no Christmas decor in the bathrooms, functional or otherwise.

I renovated our master bathroom about 4 years ago and bought myself beautiful thick purple towels and handtowels and a rug. These are used only by ME, though I let the others step on the rug if they have to use my bathroom. They are beautiful even 4 years later and I'd hate to part with them.

Rambling on, I painted our hall bathroom "Home Depot orange" and "pea soup green" a couple years ago to (sort of) match the harvest gold tile. It sounds worse than it is, but if you saw it you'd say, "ah. Home Depot. Pea soup. yep." It actually looks fairly decent, except for the towels. I have a few newer off-white towels in there that do the trick, but I have always yearned for a blue and green bathroom and so naturally I also have dark blue and green towels in there as well. They don't look so good in this bathroom, but this way the kids each get to pick a color, and so they know which one is guilty of leaving the towel on the bathroom floor.

Someday I'm going to retile my harvest gold bathtub with white tile so I can have my blue and green bathroom at last.