Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

FIVE days til the big one...and subliminal messages on TOWELS

Christmas is almost here...and my cards still haven't been sent out. For those of you who I only chat with on line - I'll post a Christmas Day picture and message - although Miss Manners would NOT approve. (and you need new towels!)

As for the last post, I'm still totally into getting NEW towels. It creeps me out not to have new ones - and Irene - BROWN towels sound so LUXE!!! Send me a photo, I'll sleep better at night knowing you have NEW towels. (TOWELS!!!)

See, Irene and I go way back AND have differing opinions on everything, pretty much. For example, to bathe in a tub of water or not. I LOVE IT - she says it's gross sitting in a pool of your dirty water. I think we're the odd couple - although I'm kinda messy at times and identify with Oscar a lot. Then there's the OCD side of me...I'm a mystery!

Oh, and I'm glad that everyone likes my blog - although you'll NEVER find any theological serious groundbreaking stuff here as you would on say CPARKS, ISSAC or Laura's blog.

I'm too loopy for that.

What are you doing for Christmas (besides getting new towels???)...we're going to dinner at the Hotel La Rose on Christmas Eve (so posh!) with the cousins, godmother/Auntie of mine - the lovely Auntie P, and then attending the midnight mass at the local church. God, I miss those fancy outings!

Then (you need new towels!! Really!) the next morning we sleep in (thank God) and go to my cousin's house, Miss T, and bring presents and eat a faboo brunch (my favorite meal of the day) until we're stuffed silly. THEN we (need to get those towels NOW) go to JP's grandparents for more presents, food, fun and LOVE!

Oh, by the way, I need your opinion on this...how many of you had Santa Claus gifts separate from your parents or siblings giving you gifts? My hubby, who was a Baptist, didn't have that sort of craziness, but I can't understand it. You have family gifts and THEN Santa Gifts on Christmas morn. Right???

What say you? Oh, and did I mention that you need new towels??? LOL!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwwww bathwater. GROSS! BLECH! NASTY!!!!!!!

We're having a low-key Christmas for once. Sis and family are coming on Christmas Eve. We'll order pizza and all the trimmings (LOL) and hang out. Then we're going to Vigil at 7pm. After Patrick goes to bed we'll wrap presents and put them out. They are spending the night so we'll all open presents and have Brad's famous blueberry pancakes for breakfast. My dad is coming over in the morning at some point. Then Brad is making a yummy Christmas dinner. Sis and family leave that night.

As for Santa presents, growing up there weren't any presents from Santa. They were just all under the tree. But now we're having whatever Patrick specifically asked for from Santa under the tree from him.

Oh, btw, I got a response to the email I sent the Woodstock people. They said you had to send in some renderings or something. Did you know that???

Anonymous said...

Tess, I should be a great artist. :^p

When I was growing up Santa came and delivered the decorated tree, all the Christmas decorations, and piles upon piles of presents. We weren't rich -- my mom just likes giving gifts. By the time my brother, sister, and I were teenagers, we shifted so that we opened everything on Christmas Eve except for our stockings.

We'd always gone to midnight mass.

This year we're going to the midnight mass, I think. I have to go because I'm singing. My family is coming in on Christmas eve and there won't really be time for fancy eating out. I'll make something here and then we'll relax for a bit. We follow the German tradition of the pickle ornament. I think I'll blog this so this doesn't get so long. In the morning we'll open presents, and we won't have any Santa gifts this year. St. Nick already filled the stockings Dec. 6. Then on Christmas we'll spend all day eating, napping, and figuring out what else we need to buy to make our new electronics work, LOL.

Anonymous said...

My family did have a separate gift or two from Santa. I will not be doing this with my family.