Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Friday, December 16, 2005

Woodstock is the statue for 2006...

...art and auction for the City of Santa Rosa where the Peanuts Gang hails from, mostly! This year it was Charlie Brown statues of all varieties, colours and ideas - and then they had a huge auction that raised tons of money for kids.

This is how it shakes out. They choose a statue for the year (this coming year being Woodstock on his nest), contact local artists (oh please Lord!!!) who signed up last year and expressed interest, find local sponsors at $4,000 a pop, make the two work together (or not) and VOILA! the statue is completed by May, propped up somewhere in town and everyone goes searching for them. It's fun until the vandals hit. Party Poopers.

Anyhow, the day of auction is awesome with tons of fun for the kids - I'll try to post a photo of me in the LUCY booth (a literal translation of her psych booth!!!) and Justin with some of his favorite Charlie Brown statues.

IF I am chosen to do one of these statues it would SO ROCK - and I would collaborate with another artist who knows what they are doing when it comes to preserving statues and paints for the outdoors (I've got two ladies in mind already!).

I'll know on Monday what the status is...so until then, please OH PLEASE pick me!!! Kinda like that Shrek film when the annoying donkey keeps saying that over and over "pick me, oh oh! pick me!"...I do kinda think I'm like that donkey at times - although not so much the comedian that portrays him. Kinda a weird mix of the Princess Fiona and the donkey. Sassy and in your face at times!

Now I've gotta watch the film again. Darn it!

Oh, speaking of films - NARNIA ROCKS! Truly. I think my Godsons should see it - it's good for all ages.

I must admit (since others have too) that although the Lion, Witch and the Wardobe was my all time favorite book growing up I had NO IDEA where CS Lewis 'got' his ideas from - the Christian aspect of it. Heck, even Jewish kids loved the books. We had NO CLUE. I don't feel stupid that I didn't know this, just mad that I didn't put two and two together when I re-read it 5 years ago.

Silly me!

Anyone else love the film? I am sooooooo Susan in that film...."I think we should be getting back" - yeah, especially if your Wardrobe turns into some snowy vacant land all of the sudden. I'm back home screaming for the Professor. So much for being sassy!

I'm reading the book to Justin - we're almost done - and he loves it. He doesn't like the part where Peter says "shut up" to Edmond, and is facinated by how it's in the book.

Ah, to be four again. I'm making sure he understands the plot of the book and knows all of the series by heart! That's one of my favorite memories as a kid - those books!

Also, welcome Miss Tess! I'll certainly be chatting with you - we have an artist connection and a Montreal connection!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so hope you get to do Woodstock! I had a dream about it the other night that I got to work on it with you. *sniff sniff*