Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Favorite Song All of the Sudden...

...is Alanis Morissette's "Wunderkind" from the Narnia soundtrack...here's why I like it...some parts of this lovely song that's up for some huge award for 2005.

"I am a magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
I am a wunderkind
And I live the envelope pushed back far enough to believe this
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to serve, destined to roam..."

"And I am a magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
I am a wunderkind
And I am a pioneer naive enough to believe this
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to seek, destined to know..."

"I am a Joan of Arc and smart enough to believe this
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam..."

The song was written with Lucy in mind from the story by Alanis - and is just perfect for the movie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool lyrics. And I like Alanis Morissette. My sister got the soundtrack for my boys for Christmas but I haven't heard it yet. My son Peter (the Magnificent) has been listening to it with his earphones, and working out the music to "track 4," whatever that is. I'll have to have a listen, because I didn't notice any of the music while I was watching the movie.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard this song yet and haven't taken Patrick to see the movie. Isn't the stuff with the White Witch scary? Sadly, I haven't even read the books. Methinks I need to go get a copy of them and start reading it to Mr. Patrick.

The song sounds cute and reminds me of your spirit, Nino. You're all grown up but have an innocence about you like a little girl. That's probably why kids love you so much. :)

Unknown said...

Well, I do match the naive part pretty well! LOL! My hubby says I'm a little kid still - I'm hoping that's a good thing!

Also, I love the Joan of Arc part of the song because my RC Godmom and I really love that saint along with the 'child like little flower' saint of St. Theresa. It's a crazy Irish RC thing I guess.

Patrick won't think the witch is that scary, it's more of a subtle thing with this witch - very stylish - very elegant evil. He won't get that part. The big battle scene may be a bit scary, but it's at the end of the movie and JP loved the fight scenes - especially knowing that Aslan represents Christ and the Witch is basically Satan - and when the lion 'gets' the witch in the end - they show the prelude and you 'get' what happened to the witch in the end.

I think if you read the book to him and explained it along with the crucifiction of Christ, Patrick will get it. OR we can wait til it comes out on DVD and we can see it together!!!