Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Name the SUV contest

Ta da! And just like that, I'm driving Grandpa's Ford Explorer. He's been gracious enough to allow me to drive this bad boy around for my job and figure out if I like it or not to keep it at a later date.

So, now, JP and I are trying to name it. We keep calling it "Grandpa's Car" which is correct, but we need a faster and shorter name. JP likes the name "Stripes" because he just watched "Racing Stripes" but the SUV is not striped in the least. It's actually a tan colour. The colour I like besides that silvery colour that cars sport nowadays.

You'd think I'd like something more flashy, but I really like the neutral tone of this car.

So, what should I call it? As I mentioned to Issac on the last post (messages section) that it's kinda a family tradition to name the cars we have. We've even had some pretty weird names for our cats too - my last cat was "Hollywood" because we couldn't figure out if it was a he or she (he's a boy). Well, really, OUR last cat was named by the local teens at the church - and that poor cat was called "Bob" - she didn't like it.

For an artist, I'm not that creative when it comes to names. So, it cannot be a Christian name, but can be a funny or strange name, but it has to be SHORT and easy to remember. Irene has named her navigation system in her super mini van Miranda because 'she' sounds like a Miranda. I thought that worked. I'm not a good person when it comes to names for things.

No, 'Knitster' is not appropriate for a car. This is a boy car - very tomboy. That's the SUV vibe from this one - of course, with a 'K1P2" bumper sticker on the back. LOL!

Now, my mother in law's car, the smaller SUV version of this same vehicle, is the 'sportier' and more 'girl friendly' vehicle by a long shot. Smaller, and more petite, more curved than the beast I have. So, no fluffy names. Now, this is a contest, but I don't know what the 'award' would be if I chose your name. Hmmm. I'll have to be creative with that one.

Just having this vehicle takes off about 75% of my stress just knowing that my schedule will be more workable with two cars.

Sorry Issac! I just fell in love with this job - and it happened to demand that we have vehicle number two.

I do feel a lot safer in this bad boy - not to mention higher up on the road. When you're on the freeway driving, this is a plus.

Oh, and what of my father in law and his new vehicle? What will the poor dear drive? Yeah, well, don't feel too bad for the chap, he roared home with a new Mustang convertable in that eye catching red berry colour. JP was confused when we went home from Grandpa's house because he thought the red car was OURS. LOL!

Yeah, RIGHT!

Also, the job TOTALLY ROCKS and is a workout for me without killing me (thank GOD). Thanks again to all for your encouragement and prayers for this 'MOM" trying to get back into the workforce. The funny thing was that I was my own worst enemy with that one. But I'm sure you all know that. I'm just slow when it comes to figuring it out. That's why I've got a tight circle of friends - nobody else can be that patient! God Bless you all! I become official (meaning real pay!!!) starting on Thursday - benefits to begin the first of the year! Thanks be to God!

Here's hoping y'all had a great Turkey Day and didn't get incredibly SICK like JP and I did over the holiday. Some awful virus just really took us out for at least 48 hours. God bless my in laws and my hubby for putting up with us - we were CRANKY and not very, well, lovely to be with.

Thanks, everyone!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom always names her cars, too. Her current car is a Passat sedan named "Fern" after its color. In the past she has had a "Montgomery" (it was a New Yorker), and a "Beauregard" (I forgot what car that was). Mom's last car was an Explorer and she liked it very much.

Anonymous said...

Actually the is Mocha. Seems appropriate but I think it is more of a latte!

The Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh no, there is no way I could attempt to name something without seeing it (Ok, will I probably could if really pressed, but I don't see that happening here).

And mocha is definitely not macho (apologies to the previous owner), so I am at a loss without some visuals.