Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Job update...kinda shortened

Okay, I like the job, but the lady that I'm temping for decided to come back on Monday. Oh well! However, even with her back, they need me for an additional week. So, instead of a month or so job, I'm at two weeks.

The good thing is that I learned a lot, am still getting 'warmed up' and it feels pretty good being back in an office.

The office question of the day is this - why is it that the air is so dry inside offices? The air is so dry that my eyes are bloodshot within five minutes of being in the building. This always happens. I use all the eye stuff to keep it moist, drink water, get outside, etc., and it barely helps. I don't miss that about working.

When my dogs are barking, well, that's not fun either, but penny loafers ROCK when it comes to jobs like this. I'm a button down shirt and pressed slacks kinda girl anyways. I do wish that I could wear tennis shoes since I'm on my feet a lot at this job, but the dress code forbids it. Why? Not sure.

Forbid things that are comfy and would work in a hot office environment. Beats me, I didn't make the rules.

They could turn down the temp a bit - the mostly 50's women have the heater on like all the time. Wonder what it's like in the Winter?

LOL!

This a great place to work regardless of my petty rants here. Too bad I'm not staying.

Pray for more good opportunities, prayer folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad. It did sound like a great gig. I'll be praying for you for your next job. You never know what the Lord has in store.