Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Monday, September 26, 2005

First Day of Work Completed!

Sorry for the delay in the update - but my silly computer/internet connection was being stubborn this afternoon. Well, what can you expect from FREE WiFi anyways?

I survived my first official day at work, and let me tell you, I'm not 100% yet (as in my speedy self), but I'm on the road.

By 11am, I was ready for a nap - keep in mind that I'm on antibiotics for my lovely cough thing that my son gave me and I'm still in slight recovery from, well, y'all know by now.

The office I'm working for is posh, has all the latest gadgets and is super clean. I also like that we're under total security (being an HR office) so unless we know who you are, you ain't getting in the door.

I had three ladies showing me around today and they even spelled out what I'm to do for the next week. Very detailed ladies.

I've got a computer (to use for scanning of documents) - so I can check my e-mail in the morning, do my work, file things (they're totally behind in this department) and take my breaks (which I never used to do).

Not sure if this job will be for two, three or four weeks - or longer yet. The lady that I'm covering for is on 'leave' and they don't really know when she'll be back. Someone said that I may be here even if she returns, they are so behind.

What I really like about this office - like most of this hospital's offices and hospital rooms - is that everywhere you look there's a picture of one of the founding nuns, the Cross, a Psalm quote or some nun's 1970's art/worship stuff. If you're RC or were, you know what I'm talking about.

It's comforting to me and I'm happy to be in that environment. Something I'm used to - instead of being the only person with a religious thing on my desk.

The women that work there are always talking about 'blessings' and how "God is good" - makes me wonder if some of them aren't nuns without the habit - could be, but I don't ask. Boy, some of them look the part. Takes me back to grade school.

So, that's the scoop. I'm working, hanging in there and trying to keep the protein bars coming when I'm starting to fade.

Thanks for the prayers, everyone! I made it - my first eight hours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great place to work. I am so happy for you. Is it close to your home as well? A short commute would be perfect. It sounds like your temp agency really did a good job placing you (with some divine assistance naturally). Praise God.