Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My Kingdom for the VH1 Coldplay/Storytellers CD...seriously...help!

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I can't find this CD! VH1 normally comes out with the CD from a Storytellers show - but I haven't heard or seen the Coldplay VH1 concert in any store, on line or not. To appease me, I have the original show TiVo'd and it's off limits to the 'delete' key until I get the CD.

I like this live version better than the regular CD, actually. I've got the VH1 Culture Club CD since I have no idea where all my LP's are from seventh grade. Where IS the Coldplay one people???

Okay, enough pretending like I'm in college chasing CDs around...LOL!

********************HELLO TO MY FRIEND LAURA!**************************

It's nice to hear from Laura! Howdy and welcome to my strange blog - Laura and I met through my hubby on a forum (the only on line forum that I participated in basically) and is a fiercely intelligent lady. One can learn a lot from a gal like this. Anyhow, we try to snail mail each other to keep our handwriting up to spec, and the ball is in my court.

Laura, the letter is almost done. You know me, I write mini-novellas about, well, everything. Just call me 'Faulkner' for short!

If any of my friends or family who read this blog (to make sure that I'm not totally out of it from my latest surgery) have a blog, please let me know so I can visit, read, post and put on this blog.

Gotta run, my son, JP and I, are watching Batman (the cartoon) and Kim Possible. KP and Jimmy Neutron are my favorite cartoons - while my hubby, CP and JP prefer Looney Tunes, Batman and Jimmy Neutron, in that order I believe. JP only gets a half hour of cartoons per day, so gotta make this family TV time count before dinner tonight!

I must say, I LOVE being a mommy - or JP's mom to be more accurate. Being a mom ROCKS - it's so freeing - and I can watch cartoons again!

...but I need my Coldplay/Storytellers CD too! Help!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello to Nino!

LOL, the handwritten ones are always the hardest to get out. My handwriting muscles are seriously flabby. I can't decide whether to go through an exercise program or just leave them alone.

I don't knit like you do, but I've been crocheting an afghan for my sister. I would have thought all that crocheting would make my hands strong enough to hold a pen, but it must not work that way. Crocheting is a good finger workout too. Maybe you and I just need greater variety in our workouts, and less reps. :^) I've never heard of anyone having "buff" fingers before. I guess those muscles would show up in the forearms, sort of like Popeye.

Speaking of cartoons, Jimmy Neutron rocks. The kids are into something called "Cat Scratch" now on one of the channels. I have never seen it, but they quote from it all the time and it sounds harmless enough. Spongebob is the all-around favorite.

Can't help you with the music. :^)

Unknown said...

Crocheting - I need to lean that skill since some really cute patterns call for this for edging or decorations. Who taught you how to do this? Was it a relative? How long have you done it?

Cartoons - JN does rock, but not sure about Catscratch on Nick - we don't let JP watch CatDog - which is different I believe - that show is just awful not to mention the main character is kinda gross (cat head, dog head, no rear, all together).

Spongebob is so silly and JP loves it!

Anonymous said...

I taught myself. I don't know very many people who knit *and* crochet. I tried to teach myself to knit and I got so frustrated I had to stop. I know several knitters who said the same thing about crocheting. I don't do it for art as much as utility, though. If you view it as another medium, you'll probably get it just fine.

There are some beautiful things you can do with crochet, and I've tried doilies unsuccessfully and filet crochet fairly successfully, but I stick to the simpler patterns. It's nice to have a mindless yet productive thing to do with my hands. You'll see as JP gets older and you have to sit through hours of sports practice or music practice or whatnot; It's nice to pull something out of a bag and start working on it. And if it's simple enough, you can carry on small talk with the ladies around you and get a cool project done at the same time. Now that's efficiency!

I started crocheting when I was pregnant with my oldest son, wow, about 13 years ago. I set it aside after a few years and picked it back up again because I have lots of pregant cousins and baby blankets are a nice gift. Plus I saw all those cool scarves around September of last year and just *knew* I had to make one. I think that's about when you got bitten by the yarn bug too!