Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Just a Computer Handicap...I'm still here!

...is the main reason why I haven't bothered blogging as of late. Oh yes, and my lovely Endometriosis thingy going on. It's back just like the Terminator and it's not happy. This time it decided to take the life out of my left leg and let me walk with a cane (so not good for the fashion side of things) and so I decided to go see the world's best surgeon for this exact type of Endo problem.

As of the 28th of this month, my leg will be back 100% and I will be back at the gym so I can wear something other than sweats!! In the meantime, I've been painting AND:

WON MY FIRST (TWO) BLUE RIBBONS AT THE SONOMA MARIN FAIR!

Just seemed like such a big thing with me feeling like a sedated blob as of late...well, and I've never taken so many ribbons at one showing (five!).

It also seems as if my still life and floral paintings are where my strength lies...my landscapes don't seem to grab the judges. But then again, I'm not doing this for the judges, right? Hey, I'm on some serious meds, don't ask me that!!

I am pleased with the landscape and paintings I just turned in for the Sonoma County fair in town...we'll see what happens with that but I will be totally disappointed if my "Opera Ballet Dancer" painting (the only human painting I've ever excelled in!) doesn't get something (like Best in Show) I'll laugh. All apologies aside, that painting ROCKS! I've gotta get Irene to take a good photo of it so I can post it at my other website (not to mention flush out the old paintings and put up the new stuff.

Speaking of my next-door neighbor, best buddy, knitting guru, IPOD goddess, mother of my godkid, artist and photographer chick, she's moving to Chicago. As in very soon. As in a week or so. Totally not a happy thing for us in California, but she'll be technically 'going home' to be with family and that's where her hubby found a job.

Boo! Hiss! Fret!! Sigh!!! Well, I've always wanted to go to Chicago for the Museum there, so now I can do that, paint in her house and have fun with my godkid in a new city that I've never seen before. How's that for a vacation? Sounds good to me!

So, as the new family moves into the house across the street, my buddy will be on a plane going to Chicago...with more of my paintings! See, that way she can remember California with my floral paintings AND a watercolour of Bodega Bay that I wish that I had done.

She's thinking of giving me her MAC so I can keep up with this blog and post on hers and communicate with her more often than by phone. I hate MACs, but it may be a good idea seeing how I haven't posted here in, well, forever!!!

Back to my surgery thing...I'm thinking of video-ing most of my journey and giving the footage to two friends of mine who may be able to help me produce a DVD/video for local high schools for the young gals on Endo. Something fun, something real, something that includes gals their age and those with Endo. Informative, cool and not a waste of time. We'll see how that goes with me the procrastinator!!! Without my other half of my brain around (that will be in Chicago by then) who knows what I'll flake on.

Hey, I'm 'an artist' -- what's YOUR excuse??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me again - hey, the doctor is Dr. Camaran Mezhat of Stanford, California.

My next blog entry will give all the info on this guy, since he IS the father of the endo surgery.