Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Friday, February 18, 2005

We're moved - the SAGA!

Finally! We're in the new place! We feel like we're on vacation and we're gonna need to pack up and leave in a month...LOL! Thank GOD that we're staying.

As usual, it was a royal saga moving and getting into a normal house again. The week of the move - try the day prior to the actual heavy furniture moving and art stuff move - my lovely photography Queen friend, Jenn (or Irene in some circles) showed up at the house with a MOCHA and a pastry treat and a choice - go to Ikea (I LOVE THAT PLACE) or to Stitches - the knitting show of the world.

Hmmm. Hard choice, but I needed a break from house stuff and as much as I ADORE Ikea, I've been there. So, we went to this huge knitting deal way the heck out there in like Santa Clara, California. See, Jenn normally knows when I'm over stressing or becoming way too obsessive compulsive or when I'm totally losing it (or all three at the same time), and knew that this show would soothe the soul.

Man, it rocked! I was physically tired out, my body ached, I still lived in that awful old moldy house and my stuff wasn't packed up entirely in the kitchen and I was stuffed up beyond belief, but those beautiful colours of all that yarn, wool and things I've never seen before just turned on my brain again.

Tons of goregeous hues of any colour you can think of - soft, buttery woolens - just felt like a nice warm blanket around you on a cold Tahoe night. That's how it felt to my brain and my soul. Just wonderful. At one point, I almost cried - I was relaxing so well and I was missing my art and my paints.

But, one thing at a time - I still have a garage to turn into a clearing for my new studio!!!

The funny thing was that I realized that since I moved to Sonoma County, life and people can be a lot different - say in the East Bay or even in Santa Clara. Stressed out females that could be my mother or grandmother bumped into us, were grabbing yarns like they had never seen them before (or were the last skeins on Earth), being rude and leaving young children at tables with strangers (us) without really caring too much.

Things can be different here in SC, maybe a bit granola-y, but I'd rather be here than in the East Bay, let me tell you. Of course, there's more loose places in SC than where we are, and they probably look at us like East Bay folks! LOL!

Anyhow, the move had to continue when I returned, but the kitchen was done thanks to my hubby and a dear friend, Katherine, who was with us the WHOLE MOVE. Someone give her a award or a B&B coupon...fast! She's a good art friend from church and I consider her one of my "Moms" since I kinda lack in that department. She helps and she dictates sometimes, but she's also been there for me when I've had art problems, people problems and spiritual problems. She listens, something I hope to learn someday.

God bless her and Jenn. Wonderful people! Also in that category are my son's Godmother and her family - another 'Mother' I've adopted - that helped out with the move so much that I can't list what they did for me. Literally. I lost track - but not of the MOCHA they brought!!!

Bring me a Mocha and I'm yours for life - or so it seems. LOL!

So, the bottom line was the move wasn't a huge saga really, but I was. All the mold and dust just killed me. Jenn says it looked like I was boxing or something. Not attractive. I couldn't see sunlight very well and my face was raw. I worked all day moving while watching Justin, my very cranky son that still isn't done recovering from the move. Poor dear!

After seeing the doctor and being shot up with all kinds of allergy drugs, well, let's say I came away with a sinus infection, drugs, inhalers, steroids, etc., you name it.

Still recovering, and that's the drama going on really. We were very blessed with Jenn and family feeding us (so good!!!), bringing us cupcakes (Godson!!!), the two other families who fed us during the move and drove me around due to my blindness (allergy blindness!!).

God bless them ALL! Love them!!!

No comments: