Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Thursday, February 24, 2005

The studio is forming...

...if only in my dreams...or just my head! No, really, I spent a big ol chunk of the day cleaning out the little garage (boxes, junk and more junk that the former mice tenants of our old place decided to ruin). Anyhow, it's beginning to shape up into something.

I'm getting into the mind set of painting again, getting ready to sign up for a class again to get the creative juices flowing AND getting the design of my studio - working studio- going in my head. Within the week I'll transfer it onto paper and get the supplies and help to come in and make it a reality.

I'm also in the market for a student easel - one of those huge ones that you normally see in an art class in college. I don't want to do the nice steel ones because, well, I like the wood ones. More sturdy and gives me a better feel when I'm painting. Perhaps the local JC will have an old broken one that my woodworking friend can fix for me - of course we'd owe him and his family dinner!

Hmmmm...that's the next project for Spring into Summer. Gotta have it DONE and going before August due to Art Trails coming in the Fall. I AM DOING ART TRAILS, even if it kills me.

Seriously.

In the meantime, I'm having a bit of a health relapse today, so I'm knitting and taking it easy. Man, I really hope I start getting back into the swing of things physically by Summer.

Oh, and I'm a gardening FREAK as well, with at least three projects to do! I can't wait! First project is my lovely best friend's front yard - needs a bit of maintenance and tender love and care and WHAM! she'll have the most AWESOME front yard that we can hang on on the porch over. I can see it now, iced Mochas, knitting and her IPod going...ahh! That's gonna be cool!

Then there's project number two - my "C" shaped backyard. But that may be the last project since the landlord (who ROCKS) will be replacing the old fence with what the front fence looks like - redwood with a trellis topping. Project three is my landlord's front yard. Boy, that needs help, let me tell you.

Now that I think about it, his backyard needs help too. He's tearing down the fence between our yards to replace it - and we've gotta come up with property lines (the less the better on my side, thanks!). He wants some type of nice patio area for his patio furniture and room for 'our' gardening shed that he's gonna get at Home Depot pretty soon. AMEN!

Wow! I've got to start getting the planner updated. Oh, did I mention homeschooling in the above? LOL!

No wonder I'm tired! Just thinking about it poops me out!

Gotta get painting soon! It helps keep my sanity - but for now I'll rest with my knitting!

No comments: