Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Thursday, January 20, 2005

New year, getting caught up on things...

Time to be a responsible adult and get things going again for 2005. New year, new things need to be done. I've spent a good chunk of time on the phone this morning trying to get DMV stuff figured out and trying to understand someone who can speak English, but had such a thick accent that I had to ask her to repeat herself about three times every time she tried to explain something to me. I felt awful doing it, but I couldn't understand a word she said. Maybe if she took the gum out of her mouth it would have been better.

Sigh! Oh well! Anyhow, in my spare time (LOL!) I'm still packing, trying to figure out how to pack up all my art supplies and canvases and knitting. Yes, still knitting. I think I take time out to knit because it's something I have some control over. Painting is like that, but I don't always have complete control over it. Sometimes the paint has it's own mind and well, it's not a pretty sight. I have two canvases like that right now that are just staring at me. Each time I see them I think 'GESSO', but something in me says "NO WAIT!!! NOT YET!!!". So, I wait.

Maybe a huge wave of inspiration will hit me and WHAMMO! I'll have a masterpiece!

Well, it's nice to dream, isn't it? After I'm settled in next month at the new place, I can get the studio going again and really so some good stuff.

On the knitting front I realized that I have more things going than I thought I did. I'm in the midst of making a soft and really cute pullover for my son, Justin, and then I'm working on some more scarves for the family, a sweater for me (since I have a hard time finding decent styles in the stores nowadays) and although I haven't started it yet, I have all the materials just waiting for a pair of woollen socks. I love those things - but want them a certain style. Hearing that knitting socks is not an easy thing til you actually complete a pair is scaring me a bit.

Perhaps a project for March??? LOL!

So, what is it like knitting in the Summertime? Do you take this stuff to the beach or pool?? Hmmmm. Wonder how that works. Oh, who cares, I'm a thirty something year old mother - what do I care? I'm not on the cover of 'In Style' which means I can do what I want!! Yay!


No comments: