Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Getting over the Flu, trying to get on with the new year

...I think I'm still in 2004. Really! Seriously!! It's like when you wake up in the morning, but an hour later when you're in a store you realize that you really should have had some coffee or something to get you going...well, that's what it feels like.

Apparently I gave myself a touch of the flu or some awful virus that's sticking around on New Year's. Lovely. We had some friends over for an 'East Coast' New Years - that's what parents do when you have children under the age of 10 I guess. I was so not feeling like the hostess with the mostess that evening and the kids totally freaked out (too much sugar I think) at 8pm. Early evening. We'll all try again next year.

So, I'm still in 2004 - since I didn't ring 2005 in properly. LOL!

We were to move last weekend, but something funny happened to the Home Depot cabinets on the way to our new rental. As in the order was totally wrong. So, it turns out that with that and me being sicker than a dog that the move being postponed was a GOOD thing.

Why haven't I got this concept yet that God does things to HELP me? Duh! So, the next time I freak out about not hitting a deadline or moving on time or whatever, please remind me of this.

In the meantime, the house is 60% packed and ready to go, but I'm very stressed out about the garage. WAY too much STUFF.

Sigh! Time to simplify!

That will be the 2005 'thing to do' - get rid of STUFF and keep it out of my soon to be SMALLER house. Sounds logical, let's see if I can do it.

That and getting back in shape - need to tone up a bit. Weight is fine - which is amazing after all the great stuff my best friend made for us this Christmas in our goody box. Man, can she make all the good traditional candies, brownies, fudge - you name it I ate it all!!

I must add that the best present I got this past Christmas was a microwave. Hands down the most important thing in a mom's kitchen besides running water. Our four year old microwave died on us suddenly last week and I was lost without it. So, basically, an angel of a person we know and love got us an awesome one! She's weaving crowns in heaven for this!

Happy new year and I hope that I start painting again in Feb. 2005! That's if I stop knitting for one second....hey, I'm learning!

No comments: