Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Cancelled showing and Fall Musings

Well, at least I can say that I didn't flake out this time...! The place is being redone apparently and they are not doing art shows anymore. Sigh!

No phone calls, no heads up no nothing for my friend who's show is in March. Lovely! She goes around buying the frames and the equipment needed for the showing and they tell her 'oh, we're not doing that anymore'.

So much for helping local artists!

Not all is lost, there are a lot of places (not galleries) that can and will put up your art and a bio about you as long as you deal with any damages to the art and you must put it up and take it down on time.

So, back to the drawing board for the Summer showings - of which I will have none at this point. However, maybe that is a good thing because I'm entering two shows in the Spring so far, the State Fair and the County Fairs, and will probably need the Summer to relax and catch up on somethings for the August fairs (Harvest Fair and County Fair).

There is a bright spot in this already weird year - I found a sponsor for my Art Trails!!! This is a HUGE thing for me because it really puts you out there as an artist and it will make me stop procrastinating and get things going for a change. It's an open studio showing, and you are to be there doing your art and answering questions for the onlookers that stop by during these two weekends.

A LOT of folks go see these artists and man, are there a LOT of them - and they all do something different. Whatever your taste is in art, we have it in Sonoma County. The only thing I'm wondering about it where I'll have it. I will be moved by August/Oct of this year and settled in - and the garage will be my studio, basically, with storage up near the ceiling, so there is a possibility that I could do the showing there. OR a friend of mine from church has repeatedly offered her B&B, but it's a bit of a drive from where I am. Not a big deal because in this out of the way town they are having more artists open studios reportedly, so maybe this would be fun.

Also, in the Fall I'll be starting school again. Seriously. Time to really do my art and make an impact somewhere. Maybe not to get a degree although I would LOVE to go to SSU and major in Studio someday.

Still thinking about where my son will go for Kindergarten, where my homeschooling stuff comes on board and how to go about my side jobs and my art AND school for me.

I'm sure it will work out...just wondering WHEN! I'd love to go to school this semester, but it's rather early for me when I've got moving, homeschooling, health and tons of paperwork to deal with. Oh yes, and keeping my son active with his new love for soccer. Gotta get in shape to keep up with him! He's outrunning me!

No comments: