Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Third Place Award!

We are not to know the official awards until Tuesday when the Fair opens, but my best friend who collected my digital photo from the officials snooped - and it looks like my first and best painting got a third place ribbon! Not sure where the other painting placed (still life, traditional setting), but we'll find out next week for sure.
No, it's not best in show or class, but third place is nothing to sneeze at. My painting is called Purple Mountain and has a purple mountain in various shades of purple and violet against a brilliant blue sky. At the mountain's feet is a golden field of wheat shining in the sun. The color is what puts this painting over the top, not the subject. It's done in a post-impressionistic style with a nod to Cezanne, who I adore.
This is the first award I've gotten for any work, ever! I'm very happy! So, it placed third in the acrylic fine art section under the landscape class. Not bad for a first timer. Glory to God for all things, including giving us such talent so that we may imitate his most beautiful art! I'll see if I can take a photo of it at the fair so I can post for all to see - so then you can see what it's all about and judge for yourself! I'll have a web site coming soon too, so that will help people see more of my stuff.
Oh and yes, my surgery went very well and my recovery is, well, a recovery. Slow and sometimes painful. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things and start my art again! Thanks to all for your prayers and good thoughts...

No comments: