Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Having an awesome Christmas...in California...

Wow...for the first time in years I'm having a FUN Christmas...and still having it now. No depressing 'oh, it's over' thoughts, none of this over doing it stuff, just family, friends, good food and joy everywhere.

No, it's not the Prozac talking...LOL! We had the BEST Christmas on record, to date, ever this year. We were with both sides of our families, nobody got mad, nobody freaked out, nobody had a drama to fix. We weren't a drama, most of all.

God is good and does answer prayers.

When I was a child and not very happy, I would pray to 'be happy' when I was older. That prayer has really blossomed for me this half of the year and keeps getting better. I am happy - and loved and thrilled that I will get New Bath Towels in a few weeks when the Macy's White Sale hits.

Okay, I'm still obsessed with the towels, but can you blame me??? I know that next year I will be seeing little fingertip towels with silly patterns for Christmas being sent to me by the bucketload!!!

It was a balmy Christmas over here in California...and CParks was on a snow watch on line for the first sign of that white stuff in the mountains. He's got a ski jones going with my son now.

Me, ski? Let's say that I didn't understand my German Olympic Ski Team Teacher very well and forgot to 'brake' going down a bunny hill and got stuck. He pretty much tossed me from the class. Slushy snow is NOT my idea of fun. Really...and I'm from Canada! Go figure!!!

I'll give it another try, but bringing my knitting just in case I blow it and hate it again.

What's YOUR new year's resolution/attempt at something, etc. whatever you call it??

Mine is this: TO GET MY BUTT TO THE GYM, GET NEW TOWELS, BE HEALTHY, AVOID SURGERY THIS YEAR AND TO DO A WOODSTOCK STATUE!

Is that too much to ask? I say no.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This has been a very good Christmas so far here as well. It was sooo nice just staying here and not driving anywhere. I talked to a friend who said she went to about 5 houses Christmas eve and Christmas day, because of divorce. That's just nuts, and I wouldn't do it. I loved staying home so much, and going to Midnight Mass, and opening our own presents on Christmas day, and extending Christmas out past the 25th, that I hope we can keep doing this.

Now for New Years I don't normally make resolutions, but I think I will resolve to give diet and exercise another try...for the whole family. The pediatrician talked to me about one of our boys needing to exercise more and cut back on the sodas and sweets, so I need to set a better example. I gave up Diet Coke for Advent (mostly), and my Diet Coke problem is about as big as your New Towel problem, so this was a major thing! I think I'm in a position now where I'm not so dependent, so I also hope to kick my habit except when we eat out.