Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Monday, October 17, 2005

Good Trade...

This is from the cartoon strip called 'Baby Blues" by Jerry Scott and Rick Kirkman from today's paper. There's a mother watching her baby play with blocks in front of her and she's thinking "I've witnessed every burp, smile, hiccup and whimper this baby has ever made at the expense of my personal interests, career and social life." The next box has the mother hugging her hiccup-ing baby with a bubble over her head that reads "Good trade!"

That cartoon will be framed and will be on my desk at my next job.

Then there's the Classic Peanuts cartoon on the same page that shows Snoopy on his doghouse, looking skyward thinking "If the trees are bare...if the skies are gray..." the second panel shows Snoopy lying stomach down on his doghouse looking down at Woodstock driving a Zamboni and thinking "If the Zamboni is running, can winter be far behind?" --That's for CP.

As for the update on the weekend and events - we had a wonderful anniversary party - small, with very close friends all inter-related somehow - I'm happy because Fr. Sergious allowed me the honour of using my Wedding Crowns (Greek tied together with ribbons) that I made last week - and my hubby is happy that all he had to do was take a shower, drive there and walk in the church (he planned, directed, schemed, begged and pleaded for our first and only Wedding service 10 years ago to be such the success that it was. I was the one who kinda showed up and walked down the aisle!).

The weather held out after we had the first rain of Fall the night prior to the event (which the reception was mostly outside) - but when we arrived in Calistoga - it was warm, sunny, and beautiful in the garden. As soon as we get the photos that my cousin took, I'll post a few for y'all!

This week I have an assignment at the hospital for one week - in the same building that HR was in - and they've invited me up for lunch during the week (and so I can get more info on the jobs!!!). I should have a real job by the end of the month.

Hope your Fall is as bright, warm and crisp as ours is! I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fall weather has come too early this year. We didn't have much heat at all. The trees are just starting to change, so we don't have the full explosion of color yet, but we pile on extra blankets at night now, and we're all walking around the house with socks on our feet these days. Ugh, my husband says I must be cold-blooded, because I can't ever seem to get warm between November-April.

I'll be looking forward to photos you post!