Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Friday, September 02, 2005

FYI...a company that is matching Katrina donations dollar for dollar

Wanna make a donation that goes directly (100%) with no administration fees taken out at all AND it's doubled by the CEO of a major US company? If you already haven't donated to the Red Cross, Salvation Army or to whoever gets the donations for tonight's NBC rock fest/event, check out Melaleuca for this donation.

You can call them at 1-800-282-3000 if you're interested. They don't have a website set up for donations yet and you don't have to be (or ever be) a client of theirs to do this.

Haven't heard back from the OCA on what they're doing for assistance to the Katrina areas - I actually e-mailed the humanitarian director yesterday with a nice letter asking what they're planning on doing. They have a great program that they do each year called The Christmas Stocking Project that helps kids in Russia and beyond - so I asked if they were doing something like that for the kids in the affected areas. I also asked if they were planning on doing a donation drive or something around Thanksgiving - collecting alms with the kids, fundraising, etc.

I know that the local OCA church we have here is offering a percentage of their yearly end of Summer festival to the Katrina efforts, which is great, but wasn't sure what our OCA was doing as a whole. I'm sure they're gathering up ideas and getting ready to launch something - or at least a statement on it.

Not sure if any of our churches were caught in the Katrina mess, but if so, shouldn't there be a drive to help them rebuild?

And, no, I'm not the woman for the job, I'm just a good idea pusher. LOL! Ask my poor friend Jenn-Irene about that! Poor dear!!! I would sign her up for everything - THEN tell her about it later. OR she would find out through someone else about her 'task'. Needless to say, I was called on the carpet for this one many times and I think I've improved - or have I Miss Irene? LOL!!! I truly hope so!

On the job searching front, it's going slow, no calls back yet. Sigh! However, I got antsy and signed up with the local VOLT temp company down the street. It's ironic that it's in the same exact building that my last major company occupied. Apparently the building has been cut up into sections now (not all my old company anymore) and is now occupied by Intuit. Yeah, the software people. I may be temping for them in about a week or so. It may prove to be a long term thing, who knows?

It was interesting and kinda funny going through the 'Prove It' testing software for WORD, PowerPoint, basic office skills, spelling, typing, ten-key stuff. Although I've been out of the loop for four years (not dead, just a bit dormant) I scored pretty well - 75%-85% came out for all the tests, even math! I gave the interviewer lower than normal expectations for a Executive Admin, and she was thrilled with my scores. Now we wait for the jobs. Wonder if it's changed out there?

Of course I dressed nicely for the interview and then was told that it was Casual Friday. Ooops! Well, I never did well on Casual Fridays anyways. I look better in nice clothes although there were the days where one had to wear jeans and a polo shirt for some awful relocation of an employee or computer set up. I wasn't the type of gal to wait for IT to get it together and finally show up a week later to set up some poor soul. Now I am - no more crawling around on the cubicle floor hooking up some ungodly piece of equipment, thanks. I'm too old and dignified for that! LOL!

Happiness is fitting into some of your old business attire and knowing that your waistline has returned under the cover of darkness. Not to mention that the menswear look is back in again - and I'm all set. See, just hold onto your standard look for four years or so and WHAM! it's in style again!

I hope everyone has a safe Labor Day weekend - and keep praying for our neighbors - you know who they are. If you don't, turn on CNN and watch the horror show.

Lord have mercy on us all! St. Xenia, pray for us!

No comments: