Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Knitting to keep one's sanity

Forget the Prozac or the "happy lite" - the answer is in the Knitting, folks! You see, as I continue to heal up from the recent trip to Stanford, the knitting thing has kinda taken over my life. Good thing too - it's either that or compulsive cleaning - or as I'd like to call it "cleaning up after two boys in the house!!"

The interesting thing that's happened is this - I've actually begun to create a few little knitting pieces. This is interesting to note because A) I am not an accomplished knitter (as if one had to have a degree in this sort of thing) and B) Don't ask me how to knit what I just knit, because, well, I don't reallly know how I got from point A to point B to begin with.

Maybe it's the Dyslexia gift working it's way through my system into what I knit! Maybe not. Maybe I'm just loopy. Well, maybe.

However, I did find a book at the library on what is called 'Freeform knitting" - hmmmm, maybe I'm not so weird after all. Someone has the same thing going on and had it together enough to write it down.

Now, as I knit, I think about the ladies who write down the patterns as to what they are creating. WHAT? I'm pretty strange, but that just sounds like torture - Algebra pop exam - the annual - just not something that's fun to do. But, even now, as I knit myself to sleep tonight I think of these ladies. I think of them AND their perfect little worlds, the clean bonus rooms and the newly brushed cat named Muffy on the windowsil in the sun.

P2, K2...repeat til you pass out and use some creativity people!

There, that's my pattern. Hope you can understand it. I'm still figuring it out and the one lone sock on it's three needles still sits in the bag behind my bed. Kinda the "Home for Patterns in Rehab" of sorts.

BAD pattern! I love you, now change!!

No comments: