Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Monday, September 27, 2004

Entries in for the NEW competition today

I can't believe I did it! TWO paintings done in roughly a week (the best of 'em turned around in less than a day).

See, the deadline thing got me upset and working and - VOILA! -- I did it!

The painting I worked on too long and didn't finalize (but framed anyhow) is of an old rustic barn in the area my Aunt lives. I'm going to paint it til I find a style that I like interpreting it in. So far, close, but no bells ringing yet.

The second painting was a fill-in painting for another painting that I almost completed, but stopped short of due to the fact that it's subject was not in the county lines. Ooops! So, the fairground official, who sounded very annoyed that I can't tell what county things are in (hey, I'm on a lot of medication lady!!) and said "Okay, since you messed up, what other seascape would you like to enter?" -- to which I blurted out "A painting called 'Bodega Harbour' - that IS in Sonoma County!" She probably wanted to say "Um, yep, congrats on the geography honey!" but sighed and wrote it in. :o)

The problem was that the painting didn't exist! Egads! What to do? I took the title and scanned the brain (which is kinda foggy right now) and found two scenes that are very sentimental for me and combined them into one AWESOME painting! I'm really happy with this one because it's so vibrant and so colourful that you can't help but be pulled into the seascape! Not a boring one that's for sure. To test this theory, I took it to a few art shops (to frame it myself) and had to bring it to the two most honest ladies I know on this planet. They tell me when somethings not quite right or if the painting doesn't work for them. They loved it! Both of them! I am very pleased.

Then there's another thing - I don't WANT it to place and be sold (entries are judged, auctioned and eventually sold off with a percentage going to whatever charity designated) - and I don't want this one to sell. I really like it. It's too personal of a painting to be with someone I don't know. If they call me and say 'pick it up sister!' - well, I'll be happy!

Now, that's a different post from me, right? LOL!

This new painting I did ended up NOT in my typical style (which I'm still floundering about for) but in a Van Gogh type of style. I love VG, but thought I was more of a Cezanne girl. Sigh! Hey, whatever works - and this worked!

Glory to God for all things! Finally, some joy in the midst of the chaos of my life! Thank you God for this tiny drop of talent - it makes my heart sing! I go to sleep tonight a happy and thankful lady!

No comments: