Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Recovering from Surgery and a NEW issue has arrived on the scene

Nothing has been really going on as of late. Just me recovering from my Endo surgery very s l o w l y. It's funny how as you age your brain just thinks you're younger than you actually are. I'm only in my thirties and am just figuring this out now. Don't get me wrong, I love being in my thirties - I'm one of those people who always thought I would be happier being OLDER believe it or not. So, here I am as a bit older and although my health isn't happier, I am. Strange.

Yesterday I participated in a pelvic pain research program with one of my doctors who's known me for about four years. Oddly enough they found out that I have IC - a strange problem that apparently I've had forever and just found out about. My bladder just doesn't have a protective liner - it sounds silly but trust me, it's not fun to have. I thought it was just me - or thought all gals went through this, but no. I also found out that ladies with Endo sometimes have this problem as well. I'm happy about the find because I now know what's wrong with me. So liberating! Now I can DO something positive about it!

The research project is funded by Ortho-McNeil Pharm. Labs and they're really together on this drug treatment that helps my 'new' problem. I like the new treatments and can't believe I'm so lucky (no, BLESSED) to have this opportunity! I'd like to spread the word to as many people as possible (men and children can get this IC thing too by the way).

If I can help people NOT SUFFER in some little way, then that's such a blessing for me. Some folks think it's strange that I talk about my health so openly, but why not? Helping anyone is better than keeping everything to myself. Knowledge is power.

No comments: