Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Monday, August 16, 2004

Painting again and the Olympics

Today I finally was able to paint and almost complete a painting in under 2 hours. Amazing! With all the recovery and painkillers that I'm almost off of (well, not Celebrex, but that's a lesser one), I think my 'painting' brain is finally back 'on'.

I think that watching the 2004 Olympics has helped me get back into my art so to speak. It's very motivating watching these very motivated young folks swimming like there is no tomorrow and winning almost every match (the men's team especially).

I missed the Fencing part of the Olympics the other day, but I'm sure they'll be replaying some of the sports on other channels or come out with a video someday. I love Fencing - used to do it, although I wasn't very good at it. They say it's chess for the mind and man, is it ever. I was always physically and mentally pooped after practice. I don't like sparring with guys - only the women, thanks. The last guy I sparred with was my brother in law who thinks he's a Lord of the Rings sabre fighter. Egads! That's a bit much for me, thanks.

Watching Fencing is so cool - it's like ballet mixed with fighting - well, it IS exactly that. I wish I could get back into that again someday (it really keeps one in shape, especially those hard to keep fit places), but first things first.

I'll take the motivation from the Olympics and the slow recovery process from the surgery and from the 'new' disease they found just recently and just get back into painting.

For the next showing/competition, I figured out what I would paint on a large wooden egg (for fun). There's always this breathtaking scene as I'm driving past Petaluma that has rolling hills in a picture perfect format adorned with grapevines. During the sunset, it's fantastic! I've decided to tackle that within the next few weeks.

Now, if I can only figure out how to post photos on here, I'd be able to show you my paintings so you could see what I'm talking about. My friend the photographer is setting up a website for me, but it's still in the talking stages at this point. No hurry!



1 comment:

Xenia Kathryn said...

Until you get your photos online, I'll be waiting! :) Can't wait to see your stuff, Nino!

:)
XK