Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Waiting to be judged...

This could be painful. The next few days will be really, truly a test for me. My two best pieces of artwork (paintings) will be judged by folks who seem to know their art and what's pleasing to the eye. Watch, they don't even place the paintings! Sigh! Well, I like them and my husband owns them both, so I really shouldn't care, should I? I also figure the real test is if people BUY your art. But, I'm curious to see if my little paintings can place in a county fair. Maybe I'd be better off with some good ol cookies - oh, wait a minute, my cousins sweet and very talented daughters will be doing that. I'm sure they'll win!
Also, above and beyond the judging this week, I'm waiting to see if I can sign up for my painting prof. and his six hour class this Fall. It's a health thing that I've lived with all my life (Endometriosis), but it tends to put a crimp in my school plans all the time. I'm trying to set up a surgery date so I can get on with life for a few more semesters, then surgery (lapo) again most likely. Of course, Endo would rear it's ugly head once more just as I'm getting back on the painting course of my life...just a challenge I'm sure. It is pretty hard to paint when one is on painkillers - and I try not to take them - only at night or when I can't stand it anymore. However, I am trying to figure out how some artists can do their 'craft' while stoned silly. Sorry, I've always NEEDED my brain and those lovely brain cells, thank you. More when I hear about the judging results...eek!

No comments: