Summer 2012

Summer 2012
BibeauArt of Santa Rosa

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

It's been one week and a day...

...since my Endo surgery. So far, I can't paint on painkillers - it just silences the creativity - and I'm visiting my doctor for a post-op appointment. Perhaps he can give me a clue as to when the painkillers can take a vacation so I can paint again.

I tried to paint a few days ago and boy, did that not work very well. The ideas are there, the desire to paint is there but the brain just doesn't connect with the hand/brush. So, I've still got about ten or so paintings waiting to be finished in my mini-studio in my garage. They just look so abandoned, it's sad.

I was to sign up for a bunch of art/painting classes this year with my favorite instructor, but I don't think it's going to happen this semester due to the recovery process. I'm not entirely happy about this, but it's not something I can control either. When you've got Endo, sometimes things tend to take the backseat for a while, or a few years in my case. Maybe that's good. Maybe that's helping me in some way I haven't figured out yet. Perhaps it will let me practice on my own so that I can get more out of the instruction.

I know that this recovery time will let me catch up on some rest and when I can do it, allow me to get back into my Pilates routine a bit. Being in shape will help my health, Endo, my mental outlook on things and of course, my stamina in front of the easel for my marathon painting nights.

The County Fair starts today, so I'll get a confirmation on the Third Place ribbon for my Purple Mountain painting as well as where the Georgian Blue painting (still life) placed. Yes, I'm still wondering about these silly things! As soon as we get shots of me with the paintings this week, I'll figure out how to post them here on the Blog, so you can finally see what I keep ranting about.

No comments: